- Jenny White on coffee, camaraderie and the cultural logic of factionalism 2014-07-04 Professor Jenny White has spent the academic year 2013-14 in Stockholm working on an intimate history of Turkey’s 1970s quasi-civil war. In a new article she takes stock of her time in Stockholm and reflects on the roots of contemporary Turkish society.
- The Death of an Empire - the Ottomans in WWI 2014-07-04 A new recording of the lecture "The Death of an Empire - the Ottomans in WWI" by renowned historian Erik J. Zürcher, SUITS Affilated Professor is now available. The lecture took place on 15 May 2014.
- Joint SUITS-ITS Symposium 2014-06-17 The Institute of Turkish Studies at Georgetown University (ITS), and the Institute for Turkish Studies at Stockholm University (SUITS) came together to explore trends in Turkish Studies in a symposium entitled “Turkish Studies from an Interdisciplinary Perspective”, which took place in May 2014.
- 02 Sep Higher Seminar: The AKP and the Uncertain Path of Turkish Democracy
- 23 Sep Higher Seminar: Alevis in Turkey
- 21 Oct Higher Seminar: Historical Connections Between Sweden and Turkey
- 11 Nov Higher Seminar: Unethical Politics, Japan’s nuclear technology exports to Turkey & protest networks
- 25 Nov Higher Seminar: theme to be decided
- 16 Dec Higher Seminar: Europeanization and the Turkish Case